Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WFMW- Unloading Groceries

So what I'm about to share is not rocket science, in fact many of you probably already use this technique, but I'm going to share with you my ahhhhaaaa moment. Today when returning home from the grocery with a trunk full of sacks and a fussy 1 year old I dreaded the unloading of the groceries. I spotted my kids red wagon in the garage and that's when I had my ahhhaaa moment. So I wheeled it to the back of the car, unloaded my groceries into it and in one trip took my groceries into the house with Little One one hip. It sure beat the numerous trips to the car I usually make bouncing Little One on one hip and carrying bag with my free arm. Or putting her in high chair screaming the whole time I unload. I'm all about efficiency here at Cotton-Top Hills (read I'm lazy at heart). I also group my groceries on the counter according to where they go in my kitchen...cabinet, refrigerator, or outside freezer. And when I have some helpers this really goes quickly.

That's my earth shattering tip this Wednesday for more head over to Shannon's!

3 comments:

Small Town Mamma said...

That's it. I am getting Naomi a little red wagon! What a great idea!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What a great idea. 9 children and I've never thought of it. LOL

Pat's Place said...

I thought maybe you also put Little One in the wagon for a ride with the groceries! Protect those hips!