Wednesday, September 24, 2008

WFMW- Great Website for Kids

My sister-in-law found this awesome website for helping kids learn their ABC's and when they get older it helps with reading, plus it has some fun activities they can do and print out. Little One loves this site. At 16 months she was totally enthralled with the letters. Now she'll say apple, apple and take off towards the computer. This is her way of telling me it's time to sit down and do some computer time together. The letter A shows apples, in fact that is how she learned the word. Now she even makes some of the letter sounds and has learned many words, all at seventeen months!! My older girls like some of the activities and the reading section. It's a site that will grow with your children and if you home school it is a great reinforcement tool.

Okay, enough...the site is www.starfall.com. Check it out if you have young children or even those that are older. I think you'll like it! And then head over to Shannon's for more Works For Me Wednesday tips:)

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new ideas on teaching preschool skills!

Wani said...

It looks like a great website. Thanks!

Amy said...

Kara! I was reading this post with Alan in my lap, looking forward to finding out what website was so great that even your littlest loved it.

I was so surprised to get to the link and see Starfall... a site I've used with Dale a lot. I thought, "really?!"

So I headed straight there and guess what!? Alan loved it! I loved hearing him repeat the words and sounds - amazing! His favorite was the bear growling at him. We had to do it at least a dozen times. ;)

Thanks for the idea!! :)

Kara said...

Your welcome Amy! I was amazed to that Little One was so engrossed with it because she doesn't really even watch TV:)

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

I will be homeschooling soon, so I'm excited to know about this website! That's great!