Friday, August 17, 2007

Frugal Fridays



Have you ever tasted canned baby food, especially the veggies? Yuck, no wonder kids aren't thrilled with their vegetables. Plus, canned food can get expensive so I make mine from scratch. My mom did this and so she passed it along. Get fresh fruit or vegetables and puree them in a food processor, blender, or one of those baby food grinders. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. When frozen pop them into a Ziploc bag and put back into the freezer until you're ready to use. Just heat up in microwave when ready. When your baby gets older you can puree your meals this way, chicken and noodles, steak, etc. I usually put a little aside before I season it heavily that way baby doesn't have a tummy ache!

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Interesting! I used to do that also. I had a neat little hand grinder that ground the food very nicely into a little plastic container that I used to feed the baby at the table. Some things never change. Pat

Shawna said...

I have never done this, but I believe I will when my baby starts to eat solids. Thanks for the tips!