Thursday, August 30, 2007

When the Baby is Sleeping...

When the baby is sleeping I remember all the projects I've put on hold the last few months and start making a list of everything I want to get accomplished.

Need to make scrapbook for number 2 and now number 3 child.
Make robe for Soph from the material I have had for two years.
Start making those Christmas gifts, because it will be here before you know it.
Study for the GRE so I can take the test sometime before Christmas.
Organize girls closets so they can actually see what they have to wear.
Volunteer at girl's school.
Take dogs to vet for shots.
Hang up pictures that still sit in my office.
Finish writing that novel.
Update my blog and add some nifty graphics to site.
Monogram cute towels for girls bathroom.
Put up hooks for towels in bathroom.

Oh, but before I can do that I need to clean dishes, start dinner, fold laundry, put away clothes, vacuum floor, water garden, take out trash, make grocery list. I can do all that fast before the baby wakes up, then I'll start on my "fun" projects.

Wait, what's that I hear? It's the baby crying and I haven't even finished my household chores.

Well, a girl can dream can't she? But maybe next time when the baby goes to sleep I will too because maybe in my dreams I'll actually get something done!

3 comments:

Kara said...

LOL I completely understand! That's how my life goes too :D

Smockity Frocks said...

I added you to my tag. Check my blog!

Small Town Mamma said...

oh yeah - I am with you on this one ... so many lovely plans and ideas ... so little time! Love your blog - I have added you to my tags. Check out my blog at cherishedquilts*dot*blogspot*dot*com