Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Photo Contest

U-Printing is sponsoring a summer photo contest. So of course I had to get out the camera and submit a photo. I'm not the photographer in the family, but I can capture some fun moments.


Forget Sugar and Spice, frogs are for girls!

I know it's summer when my girls start hunting for frogs and toads. At any given time they may have 8 or 9 floating around in their little pool that they have captured and are watching. They save them from the dogs in the backyard and run through the house yelling "Toad, I've got one!" as they make their way to the front door. This year Little One joins in the fun without any hesitation. She's known to have one in each hand as she walks around the yard. This one she named Croaky. They spent the better half of the afternoon together.

I've titled it "Forget Sugar and Spice, frogs are for girls!". What would you name this picture?


Head over to U-Printing for your printing needs. UPrinting.com is a leading online provider for business cards and enlarging photos.

9 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Great picture! You were brave just to get that close to a frog! ugh! I never let my daughter pick them up if I was nearby. Hope your picture does well:)

Jody Hedlund said...

Awesome picture! And I love the caption! Hope you win!

UPrinting.com | Online Printing said...

She’s a darling I want to take her home! She’s so charming! Good thing she’s not afraid of frogs. I’d probably name this photo as “You've Got a Prince in Me”.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

That's so cute. My girls were never into toads, but I remember being so in my youth. What fun to stroll down memory lane.

I love that title by the way.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Kara,
I loved frog-catching!!! We had a pond growing up and that was my favorite thing about it. Great picture...what a sweetie.
I might be goofy with my caption...something like, "In Your Face."
:D
~ Wendy

Aimee said...

Oh, that is a priceless picture! I like the title too!

It was great to see you guys this weekend!!

Smockity Frocks said...

"Does this dress make my toad look fat?"

Kara said...

Thanks everyone. I love your titles too! I think the science teacher in me keeps my girls from being squimish:)

kpottlitzer said...

ok, what about "one day my prince will come," or "it's never to young to start looking for mr. right." the latter maybe a little to bitter sounding :)