Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Header and Blog Links

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about my blog makeover. Thanks to sweet Maddie at My Favorite Things. She is the oldest daughter of Mrs. Smockity over at Smockity Frocks, who at one time lived across the street from us before we all moved away. Anyway, she did my make-over and was very patient with me and never told me once that my ideas were crazy or impossible! She could have and I wouldn't have blamed her, but she didn't. Then she told me how much it would all cost and I almost fell off my chair. I asked, "Are you sure that is ALL?" All I can say folks is she is not only very polite, helpful, and intelligent but she also is very reasonable. So if you're thinking of a make-over be sure to check her out!

So by the buttons at the top of the page you can see I have three new blogs. I just feel more organized now. I should emphasize now, because in a week I may be feeling a little crazy posting to more than one blog. But I have a solution to that. I'm not going to be the only one posting on those other blogs. I will have lots of guests like WB, my girls, my mother the creative one and my sister the nutritionist/chef/triathlete. I might even rope my mother-in-law into coming over from her blog and helping out. Who know who else I can beg to help out.

Go check out my Home Grown Kids site (about homeschooling) and my Home and Garden site because they each have a give-away going on right now to celebrate all this excitement. You can just click on the button at the top of the page, thanks to Maddie and it will take you right to it!

And soon I'll have my new Internet service and blogging life will be so sweet:)

If you could add or change anything on your blog what would it be?

8 comments:

Nancy said...

I would like the pictures of the people who comment to show up. My friend and I have tried to fix it in the profile/setup, but they do not appear. And everyone is so attractive!

Pat's Place said...

Nice, nice nice!!

Amy said...

Ooooh.... love the makeover!!

And now I'm headed over to check out your new blogs. :)

Kara said...

Nancy, that is a neat feature! Thanks, there were a few blimps on the other sites but I think they are up now!

Janna Leadbetter said...

It looks great! Love that picture.

Jessica Nelson said...

Wow, this is awesome! How cool!

I want to make my blog look like a website someday. LOL We'll see how that works. Snort!

Elizabeth said...

kara, i love it! i want to start a blog. how do i do it?

Kara said...

Thanks everyone, it was a much needed make-over! Elizabeth I sent you a message on Facebook:)