Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Friends and Awards

Since I started blogging I've been amazed by the friends I have made. I love meeting new people across cyberspace because distance doesn't hinder our visiting. Nor does a dirty house, a late morning in which I find myself still in my robe, or finding a sitter for the kids. Even though I've never met some of you face to face I consider you my dear friends. We laugh together, cry together, share our life stories, and sometimes pray together. It's truly a wonderful experience.

So I am always humbled when I receive awards from you. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Then I start to break out into hives when thinking about who to pass the award onto. It's so difficult to choose. So I just close my eyes and spin around and point to my blogging friends names randomly. You are all deserving and I've never been good at picking. It reminds me of grade school when I was team captain and had to pick who was on my team, very difficult!

Anyway, my sweet friend Sasha (who I believe we have been friends since about the beginning of this blog) gave me this award.

Here is the description -


"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.Please give more attention to these writers."

Isn't that neat? And I've noticed recently some of my blogging friends are now blogging friends with some of my other friends. I'm not sure I was the link, but it's neat to think of this big circle of friends out there. Thank you Sasha!

Okay I pass this on to...I'm spinning....


Connie at Smockity Frocks

Karyn at The Teakettle Corner


The next award came from Karyn at The Teakettle Corner.
I feel honored that not only do I have friends out there, but as a writer that I have people who actually enjoy reading my ramblings!

I'm getting dizzy, but here are some lovely blogs you should check out:

Pat at Pat's Place
Terri at Terri Tiffany Inspirational Writer
Sasha at Cherished Moments

Okay, enough spinning for today. Thank you to all my beautiful blogging buddies!!

7 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

Congrats on the blog awards! I agree, the blogosphere is a great place to relate no matter what we're wearing or what kind of day we're having!

Jill Kemerer said...

Nice blog awards!!

I feel the same way. It's wonderful to be able to "talk" to other writers through blogging.

Tana said...

What beautiful awards! I love the blogosphere. =)

Janna Leadbetter said...

Well done, Kara. Congrats!

Jessica Nelson said...

Yay! Congrats on the awards. :-)

Aimee said...

Speaking of friends...

I tagged you on my blog so head on over when you get a chance and take the little survey. http://aimeesland.blogspot.com/2009/05/tag-im-it.html

Smockity Frocks said...

Thank you! I'm honored!