Monday, July 30, 2007

Traveling With Kids

We just got back from our trip and we had a wonderful time! We ate too much as usual, but it sure was fun. If anyone is planning a trip to Galveston and needs to know of some off the beaten path restaurants let me know. My parents have found some really good places to eat.

I mentioned in the last post that my daughter is off on her 7 year old trip with my husbands parents. So far they have travelled to Corpus Christi, South Padre, Fredricksburg and their final stop will be San Antonio. Grandmommy will take all her grandchildren on a 7 year trip and a 12 year trip. She started this with my niece and has continued the tradition. My niece's 12 year trip was to Prague!

For this trip she made both my daughters travel boxes. She bought the clear flat plastic boxes that sit on your lap and filled them with crayons, markers, scissors, glue, stickers, all sorts of paper and a travel journal. My five year old, Soph, had fun making cards for her sister in the car after we dropped Em (7 year old) off at her grandparents. Em will come home next week and I can't wait to her about all her adventures!

I also found a handy thing to have in the car is a map highlighted with your intended route. My girls love to follow along and see which town we will be driving through next. Em used to ask, "How many more towns until we get to...?" Now she can look on her map and see for herself!

I guess now it is time to unpack and get settled:)

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

I love the 7 yr. and 12 yr. trips with Grandmommy. That must make some very special memories. What a great idea!