Monday, December 15, 2008

Memorable Moments Monday...West Texas Sunset

Yesterday I posted about our trip to Lubbock and the Heritage Museum Pioneer Christmas. I mentioned what a glorious sunset it was. For those of you who have never experienced such an amazing sight check these out!


Look at how the orange light from the sky casts everything into a sort of warm glow. Check out my middle child's fashion statement. She has her own sense of style, which she pulls off quite nicely.

Here's a few minutes later.

And about 2 minutes after that look how the sky has changed!



It wouldn't be a sunset picture without a windmill in the shot. Now the sky is orangish.



Now the sky is violet.


Now the sky is orangish and violetish (I'm not sure that's a word, but it's impossible to describe these sunsets).





They are magnificent. Gods true artwork.


Remember how I said these birthday roses could have been plucked from the sky during a West Texas Sunset. I know some of you thought I was waxing poetic.


Now you know I'm not poetic at all, it was just pure fact.
That was my memorable moment for this Monday, how about yours?

1 comment:

Small Town Mamma said...

What a gorgeous sunset. And you are right about the roses. You take such beautiful photos!