Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday...Ideas for Christmas Cards You Receive

I love all the pretty Christmas cards we get each year. The problem is our fridge is only so big and I never have quite enough room to display them all. Then the other day I came across some ideas in a magazine that I loved, and I thought I'd share with you.

-The first is to make a sort of Christmas Tree Garland with the cards. Hole punch the top of the card, string a ribbon through and hang on your tree. You can add to it as you receive them.

-String a pretty Christmas ribbon across your room or hallway and use pretty clips to hang up Christmas cards.

And my absolute favorite, which my family has already started, is to place each card in a basket on your dinner table and each night pick a card. Then as a family say a prayer for the family of the card you picked. We now do this right after we light our advent wreath each night. We each take turns picking and whoever picks gets to start or say the prayer. It is such a neat feeling to pray for your friends each night, some of who you haven't seen for quite some time!

That's my WFMW tip for today head over to Rocks In My Dryer for my great tips.

I posted another Pioneer Christmas gift idea yesterday!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, the prayer idea is awesome. I just love it! Your friends are blessed indeed.

Anonymous said...

YES - we do the prayer thing each year and I just LOVE it! Thank you for sharing this idea.

RainyPM said...

What a beautiful idea, thank you!

Milissa said...

Love the ideas. At the end of the holiday season, I go through my cards one last time...and cut out the festive pictures...the following year, those festive cutouts are gift tags and decorations on mailed packages. Just another way to reuse and save money.

Pat's Place said...

What a great idea. I had not heard of that one before. Another idea to add to your book???

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

LOVE IT!! quite timely. I was just discussing with a friend how to display my cards so we could see them, but I love the basket/prayer idea!!!