Monday, February 18, 2008

Memorable Moments Monday

Pancake Supper
A couple of weeks ago we went back to our old hometown for the annual Fat Tuesday's Pancake Supper at St. Matthew's. This is the school that is near and dear to our hearts not only because Em and Soph started out there, but because I had the privilege of teaching and later directing there. Actually, the other title for director was Headmistress. Yes, I was a Headmistress, but the images evoked by that name....well I'll leave it at that!
Here are the girls and I after finishing our yummy pancakes and bacon. It was a very cold, yucky day and I look a little pooped. Well I was, it was a long day, followed by a long drive and okay this is what I normally look like in the evening. It was such a rushed trip we didn't get a chance to visit any of our neighbors, but we were lucky to see lots of people dear to us at the dinner. The girls music teacher snapped this pic, a lady whom my girls were blessed to have because she instilled in them a love of music. I can't say enough good things about this school. The class sizes were small, the teachers devoted, Mother Linda started each of their days off with giving thanks to God during chapel, and a school board and parish family that truly cared about the children. Things weren't perfect, they never are, but I wonder if the families whose children go there realize how lucky they are. I know, from experience, some of them don't. But, well that is a whole other post!
Anyway, it was a memorable night and wonderful to see some of our old friends!!
Do you have a Memorable Moment this Monday?

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

Rats! We missed it this year. I was wondering if y'all would be there.