Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Still Raining...

We are getting some much needed rain, it's just a shame it's on the weekend and the weekend we were having a photographer come out and take our portraits (outside).

But we were able to make early mass and then the girls had their faith formation afterwards. So for this Sunday I'm going to treat you to one of my favorite church songs, The Lord of The Dance. I've included a YouTube video of this song which is how I envision it was originally intended. It's lovely to think that this song was sung and played around campfires, at family gatherings etc. I believe that whenever we gather a group of people together to sing such songs, no matter where we congregate, God is smiling down upon us.
We do not play it this way at church, it is a much more subdued version with hand bells instead of guitars and violins. But either way it makes me want to jump up, dance, and sing my praises.


1 comment:

Pat's Place said...

I LOVE that song! I remember one time at the University of the Incarnate Word I was doing a workshop with a group of women and several very sedate, seious nuns. We had a prayer service and sang that song and one of the quietest, most sedate of the nuns began doing an Irish jig to the music and soon had us all dancing around the room. It was such an uplifting experience--nothing like we play it at church either!