Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Little One Turns 2

Well, my baby went and turned 2 on me last week. It was a crazy week with colds, breathing treatments and doctor appointments, but she turned 2 anyway. She talks in sentences now, with big words like bookshelf, beautiful, helicopter, hippopotamus and Einstein thrown in. She is such a sweet child who loves her sisters and hates being away from them. She enjoys taking showers, at least 3 times a day and putting gloss on her lips. When did my baby turn into this little person that likes noodles for breakfast and washing the dishes with Momma?

We held a little party for her Sunday afternoon. We had so much fun that I won't even mention the store bought cake we ran to the store for Sunday after church. Let's just say my whimsical creation didn't quite live up to my expectations! But no matter, Little One blew out the candles with gusto and loved having everyone sing Happy Birthday Cha, Cha, Cha to her.

Now, I've told her she is my baby and if she insists on getting older it doesn't matter because she will STILL be my baby!

Our sweet friends who came to celebrate. Didn't Em and Soph do a good job of decorating the party table?

The kids having fun with the pinwheel party favors.

3 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Looks like a great party for your Little One who is growing up way too fast! Looking forward to your visit this weekend.

Amy said...

Awww. Happy Birthday, Little One! Looks like a fantastic party. :)

Why do they have to grow up SO. FAST!?

Small Town Mamma said...

Happy Birthday Little One!!