Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

My first child was bald for the first 6 months of her life, completely! Which wouldn't have been so bad but she developed cradle crap, whoops, I mean cradle cap. If you haven't encountered it consider yourself lucky. It is sticky, yellowish stuff that adheres to your babies head as if it were applied with Gorilla Glue:) I tried everything to get rid of it, from special shampoos to scrubbing with a soft brush. Nothing could make it disappear. Em wore a lot of hats because I didn't want anyone to accuse me of not bathing my child. Anyway, someone finally told me to warm up a little olive oil and rub on baby's scalp right before bath time. Then rinse during bath and guess what it took that icky stuff right off. Just repeat as needed!

For more great tips head over to Rocks in my Dryer.

4 comments:

SAHMmy Says said...

Fantastic tip! I'd notice the cradle cap when I was nursing; I'd pick at it and end up with baby dandruff all over both of us! If it ever makes a comeback, I'll definitely remember the olive oil remedy--thanks!

Small Town Mamma said...

Yes, this works well - and then wash hair (or bald head) with shampoo every day to keep it down. Naomi is only now getting serious about growing some hair!

Unknown said...

that is a great tip! i tried baby oil on MLM and it worked too. i also gave him a shower everyday which i think helped also. a little oil just before being bathed is a terrific tip! thanks for sharing!

Kathy in WA said...

Great tip! My children all had cradle cap. I did finally have success with one of the special shampoos. I like the natural approach better.

Thanks for sharing!

Duckabush Blog