Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday...Holiday Edition

So this Wednesday Shannon has asked for it to be a holiday edition. Sharing any little tips or last minute holiday ideas. So here it goes...

I store all of my stocking stuffers (the one's I help Santa with that is) in a box in my closet. This keeps me from forgetting where I put those little odds and ends when the time comes to use them.

I also try to store all my gifts in one place, again so I don't forget where they are. Every Christmas there is that one present that after everyone has opened their gifts I realize I forgot to put under the tree!

Traditions: Okay, this one is starting this year. Every year we get Christmas pjs for the kids. Hey, it looks nice in the Christmas morning pics if we are actually wearing jammies and not sitting around in our underwear! So, because the kids are already begging to open one present on Christmas Eve I am going to wrap the new pj's I got them and let them open it on Christmas Eve. See, that way everyone is happy! This will be a new tradition:)

Along the tradition line, Em has asked that there be one gift we have to go on a treasure hunt to find. So we are going to do this. There is one surprise gift that Santa will be bringing for the family and we are going to ask Santa to leave clues around the house for us to find it. Yes, he is a busy man this time of year but hubby has offered to help if needed.

So there it is my holiday edition. Have a blessed holiday season! And for more tips head over to Rocks in my Dryer.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love your idea for a new tradition!

Waitingonyou2 said...

Great ideas! It must be because great minds think alike. ;)

We do that, too, and pictures are now appropriate for blogging and e-mailing!

Smockity Frocks said...

We do the Christmas pj's on Christmas Eve, too! I love the photos.