Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trading My Sorrows

As a mother, wife, sister, friend I tend to worry, obsess, worry, lament, and worry some more. I mistakenly believe I alone have the power to heal, solve problems, advise and conquer. Then when the weight on my shoulders causes an ache that won't go away it dawns on me that I'm not alone and that I've once again forgotten to Let Go and Let God. So on these days I sing this song that I first heard on a retreat I attended about a year and a half ago. I sing it over and over until I remember that the words are telling me what to do. (F.Y.I. my children know all the words to this song and the hand motions that go along with it!)

Darrell Evans \ Trading My Sorrows
I'm trading my sorrow

I'm trading my shame

I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness

I'm trading my pain

I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord


Chorus:And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord

Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord

Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen



I'm pressed but not crushed

persecuted not abandoned

Struck down but not destroyed

I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure

And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night

His joy comes with the morning

2 comments:

kpottlitzer said...

next time i see you i need to give you some of my little happy pills for anxiety. :)

Kara said...

Anxiety seems to be my middle name these days:)