Monday, April 7, 2008

Memorable Moments Monday

My most memorable moment of the last week was the thoughts that go through your head as you lay running a 103 degree fever.

-why are your children standing over your body with marshmallows on the end of sticks smiling and giggling...blink,blink...oh, there they are again without the sticks and marshmallows, I guess I was just mistaking my body for a burning campfire.

-I wonder if my friends husband is on duty tonight...he pilots the lifeflight helicopter... I know he can find our house in the dark.

-when did I grow those extra body parts because things are aching I've never felt before?

-why does it feel like I've run a marathon after I walk ten yards to the bathroom?

-did I hear sizzling as you put that ice pack on my forehead?

Oh, and there were so many other crazy thoughts that ran through my head, if only I had had enough strength to write them all down at the time!! I'm sorry for my long posting break, hopefully I am now on the mend!!

Happy MMM to you:)

4 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

So sorry! I wondered where you were!

Pat's Place said...

Hopefully you are now feeling better and the fever is gone!

Kara said...

Thank you, I'm hoping to get back to my old self soon:)

Small Town Mamma said...

Oh dear, here's a hot water bottle and lemon drink for you..... glad you are on the mend.