Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WFMW- Curb the Munchies

Whenever I'm cooking dinner I found myself snacking on things as I go. I mean that's reasonable I'm hungry and wanting to eat, but not so good because it's almost dinnertime. Same thing with cleaning up after dinner I find myself picking at the leftovers, why, because they are there! Many times I'm not even hungry I just find myself needing to exercise my chompers so this is what I do...I pop a piece of sugar free gum in my mouth and go to town. I prefer Orbit or Trident and hey it's supposed to clean your teeth at the same time!! By the time the flavor runs out of the gum I find my need to chew usually has passed and I'm safely out of the kitchen without devouring a bunch of food I wasn't really hungry for. If you don't like gum keep some celery sticks and carrots handy, I like to crunch on these too!

So there it is my very enlightening tip for this Wednesday:)
Head over to Shannon's for more!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so need to start chewing gum again!! it has been forever, but I am always munching. I use nursing as an excuse, but I still have some more weight to lose.

thanks for the great idea

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea. I should try it. Thanks for the tip! :)

ttelroc said...

I am a gum smacker, so I have to avoid chewing it. I have no control on the smacking for some reason lol

Please make sure you chew sugar free gum, no need to crush sugar into those precious pearly whites.

If you can't chew gum try popping an ice cube into your mouth or put a glass of ice water nearby with a straw in it, so you can easily grab a sip.

If I were a normal gum chewer, I would totally go for this tip! LOL

Thanks!! Have a great day!
Kristin

Totallyscrappy said...

I actually blogged about this a while back. It sounds like such a good tip... ;)
http://mudpiestodragonflies.blogspot.com/2008/02/dieting-tip.html