Sunday, November 9, 2008

Get Your Jingle On...

My friend Amy has tagged me for a "Jingle" post. She wanted to know if I had my jingle on. And I'm happy to say I have started some preparations for the Christmas holidays. I don't like to do too much before Thanksgiving, because well, I just love the fall season and don't like to rush it. So there will be no holiday music, decorating or the such until the day after Thanksgiving. But, as we all know it takes some time to get prepared for all the holiday fun so I have started on some things.

First of all we actually have our Christmas card done...well the final proof is being approved today. This is a huge feat in itself. Usually, WB and I keep waiting for the perfect setting and weather to take our family picture. Like the year we kept waiting for just a dusting of snow on the canyon for our backdrop, or the year we waited until we went to Lubbock for the Carol of Lights and then our batteries went dead after two clicks. You get the idea. Our Christmas cards in years past have ended up being Happy New Year cards, but not this year. We had a photographer come out to our house a few weeks ago and she is designing our Christmas card for this year. Whoopee, yee-haw, I got my jingle on!!

Secondly, we are celebrating a Pioneer Christmas this year ( I will be dedicating several posts to this starting next week). Guess what? The pioneers started getting ready for Christmas months in advance. That is what you must do when you're doing everything from scratch. So we've been dying, sewing, pounding, freezing, collecting around here for a few weeks now. It has been great fun and I can't wait to share some of it with you. It's kind of been our frugal and educational approach to the holidays, as well a lot of family fun:)

Okay, so do you have your jingle on? I'm supposed to pass this on to 3 of my friends so you can share with us what you've been up to so I'm going to pass it on to:
Connie
MaddieLynn
Karen

Many other of my blogging friends have already done some posts about Christmas so check out my blogroll to see what they are up too!!

5 comments:

Edi said...

I look forward to your ideas on a Pioneer Christmas...I am hosting my dh's family and had thought about doing some stuff based on the Little House books. I have a Little House book that just has Christmas stories in it - so I'll be looking through that for inspiration.

One thing I'm doing for the children (6 kids 9 and under)...I bought little red tin cups (enamelware type)...the handles will have some kind of little tag on it and that will be their place setting marker as well as beverage glass. So far that's all I've come up with :) Well actually I also bought some "ticking" type fabric red/off-white color that I'm going to use for the two tables.

Even though I've mostly got my Xmas shopping done (do it throughout the yr) - I won't put up decorations/trees/music until after Thanksgiving.

Amy said...

Yay! I'm glad you're jinglin'! :) I can't wait to read your posts about the Pioneer Christmas - sounds very interesting!

Pat's Place said...

Oh, wow! I can hardly wait to hear more about your pioneer Christmas plans! Makes me excited. I guess I am really curious to know what all you all are doing!!

AmyK said...

Lol... this posts makes me feel obsessive. I have a Christmas BLOG, not just a Christmas post... lol.

I like the Pioneer Christmas idea.

Smockity Frocks said...

I'm sorry to ruin your tag, but we don't have a single thing jingling over here! Maybe I'll pick this up when we get more into the holidays. (Love your pioneer Christmas ideas!)