Monday, June 30, 2008

MMM- WB's 20th High School Reunion

Howdy, sorry I've been gone so long but we've been away at a conference and then WB had his 20th high school reunion.
He lived in the same town from Kindergarten through high school, that is just so amazing to me!! And his parents live in the same house . Anyway, I was looking forward to it because I enjoyed his 10 year much more than mine. Maybe it's the no pressure thing, I don't really know these people and I don't have any preconceived ideas of them or what "group" they were in in high school. But I must say all of WB's friends are really nice. Several of his close friends were females and they are all so sweet. Many I remembered from the ten year. A lot of his guy friends ran track or cross country with him. Some are even single to this day, never married, well not yet. Many had two, three, or more kiddos and most have stayed in the hill country area.
It was a fun packed weekend with a mixer Friday night, picnic Saturday with the kids, and a more formal evening on Saturday. This last week I have been out with my husband more than I have in the last two years. No wonder I am so exhausted, this socializing is tiring business.
Oh, I had such fun observing. I put the use of my psychology degree into overdrive watching and listening to all that was said. I knew right away who to avoid, because it was already hotter than tarnation outside, I didn't need to be around someone blowing a bunch of hot air into my face. My husband seemed proudest when asked, "Do you have kids?" He'd rock back on his heels and nod with a big grin, "Yes, three daughters."
It was fun. I'll post pictures later as I seem to have lost my picture file and my battery on my laptop is just about dead!

4 comments:

fairenuff said...

Can't wait for the photos. Glad you had a good time. I think I would be people watching too!

The Fritz Facts said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Reunions are so much fun. I had mine this past Friday and it was such a blast.

Smockity Frocks said...

Ditto on the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the pictures!Mom. And it was a blast! -Em